Friday, April 1, 2016

Who Should Be The Next Director of OSHA?

When Donald Trump is sworn into office next January, one of his Presidential duties will be to nominate someone to serve as the new head of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The last time this post came open, the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), of which I have been a Professional member since 1992, endorsed the current director of OSHA, Dr. David Michaels, for that post. However, I do not recall anyone from the ASSE asking me for my opinion about Dr. Michaels or any other nominee for that matter.  So what I want to do right now is to get an early jump and provide my input for the ideal candidate to endorse when this job comes open. 

Right now I am sure many of you are probably saying out loud . . .

> > >  CLICK HERE to Continue Reading . . .  > > >

12 comments:

  1. I second that nomination. John P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Chambers;

    As you can see, I am a reader of your blog. But I think that you are a bit delusional if you think that OSHA would even exist if Trump were to become president. He would eliminate any agency that protects anyone that is not a billionaire, or at least a millionaire, while discarding the protections of the working class. Although your thoughts on a nominee are probably logical. When does logic prevail in Washington when it comes to appointments. However, keep on writing.

    Milt Terrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Milt. Great points! But I'm glad you agree with my core message - Darryl for Director of OSHA! Thanks for your feedback.

      Delete
  3. I never met Darryl, but he looks very qualified for OSHA director.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard Daryl speak at several local ASSE events in Michigan and he is an excellent candidate. He is fully engaged in safety and health, donates much of his time to help the Michigan Safety Conference every year, and most significantly he is brilliant, caring, and extremely knowledgeable about occupational safety and health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this satire??? I really can't tell if this is a joke. - Levi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The part about me being qualified to head up OSHA is satire. The part where I speak about the qualifications of Darryl Hill to run OSHA is not a joke - I am dead serious! What do you think?

      Delete
    2. I don't know Darryl Hill but he's certainly fairly qualified based on his profile at least. - Levi

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure we should wish that on Daryl! Ken Brock

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Mr. Hill is willing to serve, he would have my 'vote'. I'll second the nomination of Darryl Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I first met Mr. Hill in Denver some years ago at the ASSE Convention and found him to be a very genuine and engaging person. As a past ASSE Chapter President X2 and having seen him at the Leadership Training in Indy he is a person that fosters a positive demeanor with all. It was great to see him evolve through the ASSE management chain to become our ASSE President. Paul West ~ Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darryl would be an amazing choice. I have known him for over 25 years. There is no one more qualified or deserving. Touche'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. We review all comments for appropriate content and to filter out Spam, and post them as soon as possible.